The Fundraising & Events subgroup (formerly PTA) organise events & support the school with fundraising. The group is made up by parent volunteers and teachers – look here to see who we are. We also keep records of our meetings here.
Fundraising in 2017-2018
Funds that have been requested so far this academic year, i.e. since August 2017 are as follows:
Mindfulness Set for school for use by nursery – P7
Buses for P7 camp in August
Buses for P5 visit to Sky Academy in September
Entering pupils for a Hillend Ski Competition
Christmas Pantomimes at School for nursery
Provision of more iPad’s for the school
Buses for P4-6 to Lyceum & P7 to cinema
Parent support fund
Edinburgh Science Festival workshops at school in 2018
P7 Leaving Party in 2018
Fundraising in 2016-2017
The 2016/2017 fundraising accounts are posted under the AGM minutes here. In the 2016-2017 school year, we raised money by :
- Commission from Christmas cards and mugs
- Running a tuck shop in October.
- Christmas Shopping Evening- Money was raised from stall holder fees plus entry fees
- Ragbag bin – situated at back of staff car park, well used and cheques received at regular intervals . Certificates can be found here
- Quiz night
- Children Christmas parties – split into lower and upper school.
- May fayre – This is our biggest fundraising event in the year with stalls, face painting, balloon modelling, toy sales, cake sales, photo booth, games, auctions and tombola. We also have a BBQ and ice cream. Its a great family event
- Easyfundraiser website – Earn cashback for the school by shopping via the website
Through our fundraising, we were able to provide funds for the following in the 2016-2017 school year.
- Ice lollies for school sports day and snack and medals for nursery sports day
- Science Festival workshops
- Football kit
- P1-P3 inhouse Pantomime
- P4-P7 Trip to the Pantomime
- Donation to the support fund
- Buses for P7 camp
- P7 leavers party – £500
- Drum Fun
Not only does we fundraise, but we also help out with events within the school such as running a book swap for the whole school, the Big Book Bash, in November and providing refreshments for the new P1 parents meeting before the summer.